People constantly ask me how they should eat. I don’t like this questions because everyone has their likes, dislikes, allergies, food restrictions and appetites. I am not a dietitian or nutritionist. Quite frankly, I can not and will not make you a meal plan.
If you are in dire need of help or guidance please do go see a professional in the field because that’s their job and they will be happy to help you.
Then I get the questions asking about what I eat. You probably think i’m over here juicing watermelons for breakfast and making fresh hummus daily. In reality I’m pressed for time every day and have to pick and choose my battles.
I do not live with food fears anymore and although I do eat my veggies I also really like the new dairy free Ben and Jerry’s… like really like it.
Elena’s Week Day Diet
- Meal order largely depends on when or if I’m lifting that day
- When cutting weight I weigh and measure all my food
- I don’t measure food when maintaining or gaining weight because I have a very healthy appetite and rarely under eat
5 a.m. – I eat immediately upon waking up
- 2 Slices Bread or 1 Package Plain Nature’s Path Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1 whole banana or 1 whole apple
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 black coffee
8 a.m. – Protein boost
- Simply Protein Chips
10 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Protein Shake (assuming I lifted in the morning)
- 50g VegaSport protein powder (Berry or Mocha)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 5g creatine
- OPTIONAL: If I am not cutting weight I add blueberries and spinach to make a smoothie
11:30 a.m. – Coffee #2
- Dark chocolate, or egg/dairy free baked good
1pm – Sample Lunch
- Homemade Vegan Chili (beans and veggie grounds)
- 1 cup of broccoli slaw (add to the chili)
- 1 serving of crackers or basmati rice
- Simulated sausage
- Stir fry of veggies; onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, spinach etc
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1-1.5 serving Quinoa
3pm – Snack
7pm – Snack or Small Meal Focused on high fat and/or fibre
- Cucumbers and Carrots with Hummus
- Avocado, rice cake, slices of smoked tofu
- Sprinkled Seeds, Nuts, Raisins in coconut yogurt
- Roasted edamame
9:30pm – Sleep
If I am hungry, I eat. If I am full, I stop. But sometimes someone offers Oreo’s and you feel like having three.
I am extremely flexible. I taste things I want to taste, I take bites of food from people who offer. Although I manage to stay somewhat lean, I am not extremely shredded.
…. but I’ll GLADLY take healthy, happy and strong over ripped any day.